Preferred Vacation Rentals Short Term Vacation Rental Property FAQ’s
1. What is the reservation deposit?
Reservations require an initial $600.00 reservation deposit that is applied toward the entire reservation. Upon receipt of initial reservation deposit, a confirmation with payment due dates will be mailed to the principal party named on the reservation.
2. When is the payment/balance due?
Fifty percent of the remaining balance is due within 30 days of the initial reservation deposit of $600.00. The reservation may be cancelled without further notice if timely payment is not received by PVR by due date. Final payments are due no later than 60 days prior to arrival. Mark your calendar as NO INVOICE OR REMINDER WILL BE SENT FOR THE FINAL PAYMENT (See confirmation for due dates.) All funds received are deposited in an interest bearing trust account until disbursement. Interest earned on escrow/trust account is paid to Preferred Vacation Rentals, Inc.
3. What is the cleaning fee?
All properties (excluding non-bridged islands) require departure-cleaning services and are subject to NH Meals & Rentals tax. Guests are responsible for leaving the property in good order before departure for the next guests. Guest shall leave all doors and windows locked and make sure the heat (winter excluded) and lights are turned off upon checkout. With limited time available between guests, guest is required to complete the following:
- Return furniture to original locations.
- Wash and put away all dishes including those in dishwasher.
- Remove all food and trash from home.
- Place trash in sealed plastic bags in proper receptacle(s).
- Appliances, counters and other surfaces must be wiped clean.
- Carpets and floors are to be broom cleaned of excessive debris.
- Failure to complete the above will result in extra charges plus applicable taxes that will be deducted from the security deposit or billed to Guest.
4. What is the security deposit waiver? All confirmations will show a Security Deposit Waiver (SDW) fee of: $45 plus tax for each property rented. The SDW is intended to protect guests from costs incurred due to accidental damages or theft to the leased premises during occupancy. In order to administer claims, PVR must be notified during occupancy and prior to check-out of any accidental damage or theft to be covered. A full description of the SDW is included with confirmations. Please note: Properties requiring Security/Damage deposits above $3,000 are not eligible for the SDW.
5. What is the (refundable) security/damage deposit?
The Security/Damage deposit is to insure compliance with the Terms of Occupancy. The Security/Damage deposit is held until determination of condition and content of the rental property upon check-out. Security/Damage deposits will be sent within 21 days after departure in the form of a company check or via credit card provided there are no charges pending. Charges are assessed to cover damage, cleaning and unnecessary service calls. Please report any problems or damages observed in the rental property upon check-in. Unreported problems and /or damages are assumed to have occurred during occupancy and guest shall be held responsible for those damages.
6. What is the Reservation Processing fee?
All reservations require a NON-refundable $70.00 Reservation Processing Fee which is subject to NH Meals & Rentals tax.
7. What should be done for a cancelation?
All cancellations must be in writing. If you should have to cancel your reservation after seven (7) days from the initial deposit, please contact our office immediately. We will make every effort to re-rent your home. If we are able to re-rent the home for the same rate and time, the cancellation fee shall be 20% of the total rental charge plus a $75.00 administrative fee. In the event PVR is unable to re-rent the cancelled period, the total rental amount, including taxes and all applicable fees, will be due in accordance to the confirmation terms, with all advance rental payments forfeited.
8. Can we change/transfer reservations?
Any change or transfer of a confirmed reservation within the same property is subject to a $75.00 Change/Transfer fee & property owner approval. Changes from one property to another are subject to our cancellation terms & conditions.
9. Do you allow pets in the properties?
Most Properties do not allow pets due to owner preference or allergy concerns. If pets are allowed, there is a non-refundable pet fee of $100/pet per stay plus tax. No pets are allowed without a PVR pet agreement signed in advance of arrival. If pets are allowed, all pets must be kept on rental property. Guests must abide by all local pet regulations and leash laws. PVR reserves the right to charge guest's security deposit or bill guest for any pet related damage or cleanup of pet debris upon departure. Guests (including visitors and day guests) who bring pets to non-pet properties will be subject to pet fees, additional cleaning fees and possible removal from the property without refund.
10. What is the method of payment?
All rates quoted by PREFERRED VACATION RENTALS, INC. are amounts payable by cash, check, money order, or credit card in U.S. funds. Preferred Vacation Rentals, Inc. accepts MasterCard and Visa credit cards. All non-U.S. Bank Drafts and checks are subject to collection and processing fees. To avoid excessive bank fees, we suggest obtaining drafts on U.S. banks.
11. What is the check-in time and procedure?
Check-ins take place at the Preferred Vacation Rentals office on Route 25 (34 Whittier Highway), Center Harbor, N.H. between 3:00-5:00PM. Sorry, early Check-Ins are NOT available. Please schedule arrivals accordingly. If a guest is to arrive after 5:00PM, call for special instructions for picking up your keys. PVR cannot provide a late check-in if tenants have a balance due. Guests shall not proceed to the rental property, including driveways, beaches or docks prior to 3 p.m. Check-In. Guest(s) may be charged one additional day rental if property is occupied prior to 3 p.m. Keys are not released until 3 p.m. on the day of arrival. *An optional Key Courier Service is available for a $35.00 fee for a limited number of homes over 10 miles from our office –please inquire about availability with our associates.
12. What is the check-out time and procedure?
Check-Out and vacating the property on the day of departure is 10:00 a.m. Guest will be charged one additional day rental if property is not vacated by Check-Out time. All property keys must be returned to our Route 25 (34 Whittier Highway) Moultonborough, NH office. There is a $25.00 charge to principal party for lost, missing or keys not returned to PVR by 10:30 a.m. on day of departure. Fees for non-returned keys will be charged to guest. *Keys delivered by our Key Courier Service will be provided instructions for key return .
13. What are the trash removal procedures?
Guests are responsible to place SEALED, BAGGED trash in containers for weekly trash removal. Trash must be sealed and bagged in plastic trash bags and left in designated area in supplied containers. Trash not sealed and placed in plastic bags or in designated areas will result in charges to guests. Individual property owners arrange for trash removal services. As a courtesy, please put out prior guest's trash and the next guest will do the same for you. Excess trash must be left in the dumpster at the Preferred Vacation Rentals Route 25 office to avoid extra trash removal charges.
14. What are the departure requirements?
The rental property is to be left generally clean with bagged trash removed and stored in trash receptacles provided by the owner and taken to designated pick-up areas. All kitchen equipment and utensils are to be cleaned and stored. All floors are to be broom clean. Any furniture or bedding should be in a neat and tidy order. Rental items should be left as required by PVR.
15. Is subletting allowed?
SUBLETTING is PROHIBITED: Guest acknowledges that the rental property may not be sublet. Subleasing shall immediately void any rental agreement with no refund due to guest.
16. What is the guest/occupancy policy?
We prefer family groups and qualified adults. Vacation properties are limited to the maximum occupancy as stated in the confirmation provided with these terms of occupancy. Overnight guests (8:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.) are limited to the maximum occupancy limits and includes all adults and children. If a guest plans to have DAY GUESTS, contact PVR office prior to arrival.
17. What are your policies for house parties/large gatherings?
House parties and large gatherings exceeding maximum occupancy are prohibited and may result in guest's immediate removal.
18. What are quiet hours?
For guest's enjoyment and the enjoyment of others, please respect quiet times between 9PM and 8AM.
19. What are the policies with parking?
Parking is limited. The number of vehicles each property will accommodate is stated on tenant's confirmation. Excess vehicles on property are subject to removal at tenant's expense. For your convenience, supplemental car and trailer parking is available at the PVR office.
20. What items are not supplied?
The rental property will not have linens, towels, soap or paper product items supplied. Pillows and blankets are supplied. Extra blankets and pillows are not supplied. Sheets, pillowcases, towels and washcloths are available for rent from Preferred Vacation Rentals, Inc. by prior arrangement only. Highchairs and Cribs are also available for rent by the week from PVR by prior arrangement only.
21. What items can you rent?
Sheets, pillowcases, towels, washcloths, high chairs and cribs are available for rent through PVR by prior arrangement only.
22. What types of accommodations are available?
Accommodations range from luxury homes to very basic cottages. All properties are privately owned, individually furnished and equipped for housekeeping with basic items such as pillows, blankets, cookware, flatware and dishes. Other small appliances, beach chairs, grills, TV, radio, fans, etc., may or may not be provided. Preferred Vacation Rentals, inc. is unable to provide additional furnishings or appliances.
23. How is the water quality and where does it come from?
Rental properties have varying water quality, and are different than most guests are accustomed to drinking at home. PVR advises guests to use bottled water for consumption during occupancy. Some rental properties use the lake as a water source. Water Source is listed on the property listing sheet.
24. Can campers/motor homes/tents be used on the rental property?
Campers, motor homes or the use of tents on rental property is prohibited. Sorry, no exceptions.
25. Do the rental properties have televisions?
Most rental properties are equipped with TV's. When TV's are provided, they are listed on the property listing sheet. Reception in the Lakes Region is very limited and available only with cable or satellite service. Cable service varies from (basic 10 +/- channels) to (expanded 40 +/- channels).
26. Do the rental properties have telephone services/computer online use?
Most properties are equipped with telephones for local calls only. They are not setup for computer usage. Long distance calls must be charged to guest's credit card, calling card or made on a collect basis. Guests who bring a computer and use dial-up capabilities are responsible for ALL charges incurred. Charges can be excessive due to local calling restrictions limiting call duration. *Please note: NH does not require a (1) or an area code to dial an instate, long distance call.
27. Do the rental properties have gas grills and charcoal BBQ’s?
Properties that include gas or charcoal grills provide gas tanks and cooking surfaces only. GAS AND CHARCOAL MUST BE PROVIDED BY GUEST. PVR can provide a list of local filling stations. Outdoor cooking is allowed, but only in U/L approved grills. ALL cooking surfaces must be left clean by guest upon departure to avoid extra cleaning charges.
28. What is the policy with campfires?
Campfires are prohibited. SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
29. What will happen if there is a mechanical or appliance failure?
PVR will use its best efforts to have mechanical (water, septic, electrical and plumbing) and appliance failures corrected as soon as possible, but cannot control the scheduling of outside service contractors. NO REFUNDS will be made for appliance(s) or mechanical failures or breakdowns. PVR shall have the right to arrange, inspect and make repairs during rental period. Tenant will be charged for unnecessary maintenance and service calls or repairs caused by abuse beyond normal wear and tear. NO refunds will be made for the malfunction of appliances or other equipment.
30. What are your beach size/lake levels and the inclement weather policy?
From Spring to Fall, major lake levels vary up to two (2) feet. State controlled lake levels may affect beach size, launching area and water depths. SORRY, NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER, CHANGES IN BEACH SIZES, LAUNCHING AREAS OR WATER DEPTHS.
31. What happens if there is construction occurring?
As our area continues to grow, we cannot predict when or where new construction will begin. PVR has no control in these situations, and cannot move or offer refunds on confirmed reservations if construction occurs near the property being occupied for rental purposes.
32. Who furnishes the properties and who are the owners of the properties?
Each rental property is privately owned and reflects the owner's personal taste. Each property is represented by PVR as realistically as possible with regard to space, physical size and comparison.
33. What are the community rules and regulations?
Some individual communities and associations have rules and regulations that become part of the guests Terms and Conditions of Occupancy. Community rules that apply are provided to tenant at check-in or may be requested prior to occupancy.
34. What will happen if there are unforeseen circumstances with the property?
If the rental property becomes unavailable or uninhabitable, PVR reserves the right to move a guest to a comparable location accommodating the same number of persons and within the same price range. PVR cannot guarantee availability or comparability of other properties. Owner and PVR are not liable for any acts of nature or major mechanical failure that would prohibit or limit the use of a property.
35. What happens if I find errors and omissions?
PVR has taken great effort to ensure the information in our brochure; website and all of our printed material are accurate. We cannot be held responsible for errors, omissions, or change in prices. All rental properties are privately owned and their furnishings vary depending upon the owners' taste. Preferred Vacation Rentals, Inc. cannot guarantee the presence of particular listed furnishings because they may change from time to time depending on the owner's taste.
36. What is the liability policy?
Guest(s) hereby agree(s) to hold and save harmless Preferred Vacations Rentals, Inc., their employees, and the property owner from damages or injuries to personal property by reason of any cause whatsoever, either in or about the occupied property or elsewhere.
37. Who does Preferred Vacation Rentals represent? “AGENCY DISCLOSURE”: Preferred Vacation Rentals, Inc. represents the property owner(s). PVR will make every effort to assist guest(s). PVR is a vacation home rental company and the management of the property is the sole responsibility of the Owner(s).
38. Who is responsible for the people renting the property?
The guest whose name appears on the confirmation is responsible for all terms and conditions set forth in this document for them, their guests or others they may have visiting or staying at the vacation rental property during their term of occupancy.
39. What will happen if there is a violation of the terms or conditions of occupancy?
When Guest(s) violate(s) any of the terms of occupancy, property rules, community rules or regulations, the guest(s) may be asked to vacate the property by PVR and NO refund will be due to guest(s).
Please Review Terms and conditions of occupancy as these terms apply to all properties. Terms and Conditions are not subject to any modification.
VACATION RENTAL RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CHARGES:
- Rental Rate
- Reservation Processing Fee of $70.00
- Departure Cleaning Fee ($60-$400)**
- Additional charges if requested for Linen/Highchair/Crib rentals.
- Security Deposit Waiver fee of $45.00 (Properties with Security Deposits of $3000 or over require payment of a security deposit at least 48 hrs. prior to arrival).
- Pet Fee (if applicable) of $100.00 per pet/stay.
- NH Meals and Rentals Tax adds 9% to the total charges.
- Travel Protection Insurance is available for 7% of the total cost of rental.
**Island properties require self-cleaning, self-trash removal and a $100.00 Island Departure Inspection fee.
NOTICE: All properties represented by Preferred Vacation Rentals, Inc. (PVR) are individually owned and furnished to the needs of the owner. Owner's personal property must be respected. PVR represents the owner(s) of the property(s) in a client/agency relationship. The terms Guest(s) & Tenant(s) are used interchangeably and are defined as the principal party(s) renting a vacation property & those accompanying the principal party.